An environment that encourages academic and personal development.
Set in acres of woodland
PATHWAYS is an alternative provision in the Mansfield district, set in the acres of woodland of Ransom Wood Estates, within easy reach of Nottingham, Newark, Chesterfield and their surrounding areas. Our provision serves children and young people outside mainstream education in an environment that encourages their academic and personal development
What we offer
Key stages 3 to 5
Progress 8 qualifications
Vocational Subjects including Hair & Beauty
Qualified staff team (PGCE-QTS, CertEd, TA L3/4)
At Pathways we have created an environment that fully equips learners for their personal and academic development. Our goal is to empower each individual learner to achieve in practical, functional, and long-lasting ways.
With this in mind, we aim to:
- provide a supportive environment that aids the learning and personal development of all learners;
- prepare learners, where appropriate, for reintegration into mainstream education;
- improve the behaviour and attitude of each learner with both adults and their peers;
- reinforce each learner’s self-esteem and integrity;
- instil an understanding of fundamental values for citizenship.
The curriculum offered here focuses on achieving these goals through a wide range of courses to ensure continued learner engagement and attendance.
Our learners successfully obtain GCSEs, functional skills, AIMS and Arts Award qualifications.
Courses / qualifications
GCSE & Functional skills
The majority of our learners study for GCSE qualifications. As a registered AQA examination centre, we are able to enrol students directly with the examining body. Learners are able to study a range of qualifications, for example in English Language, English literature, Maths, Science, Art, Photography and Health & Social Care. They also can include Functional Skills up to Level 2 in Maths and English if this is deemed more suitable.
* AIMS AWARDs and ASDANS are both nationally recognised awards which offer a number of Ofqual regulated qualifications at different levels and in a wide range of subject areas. We provide opportunities to deliver a wide range of awards in:
- Health & Social Care
- Hair & Beauty
- Fashion Design
- Employability Skills/Personal Development
- Building & Construction
Arts Award inspires young people to grow their arts and leadership talents: it’s creative, valuable and accessible.
Arts Award can be achieved at five levels; four qualifications and an introductory award. This makes it ideal for KS3 learners and those who would struggle to achieve a GCSE.
Other Support Offered
Specialist Behaviour Support in schools to help support learners at risk of permanent exclusion.
After School tuition – to raise achievement and personal development.
Tailored half day sessions for schools on a variety of relevant issues:
- Drugs and Alcohol
- Anger Management
- Sex & Relationships
- Behaviour & Consequences
- Managing Anxiety & Stress
- Confidence Building
Our site location
Is set in woodlands and boasts beautiful surroundings, creating a relaxing and calming environment in which to learn. With a variety of businesses also located at the site we have a wealth of work experience opportunities to help our learners gain valuable skills and experience for their post 16 journey.